Wednesday, 27 January 2016

A bit of a mystery


I haven' t forgotten the blog and sewing, but my life still is run by bigger projects. I can proudly report that house has a new roof on, electricity is done and (my major job) - orchard and basic garden planted. These past months had been filled with hard, hard work, but major things are starting to make at least some sense - road through the wood must be completed, polytunell erected, house garden is still a mess. but.... we are getting there, we are (or so we believe).

So... nothing in the crafty mode to show. (Only sewing I had done in past 6 mo had been patching up my working trousers. ) But! there is always a hope, and for that my DH for Xmass gave me another Singer treadle. I wanted 15k, and I got one.... Ish. It is a bit of a mystery.


According to it' s  serial number, it has been made in Germany in 1915. But instead of a German badge it has one in English. So... Export market? Wait a minute? Exporting sewing machines  from Germany to UK in 1915? It's WWI! So I' m scratching my head and trying to solve this mystery.
#



On mine  badge looks like this - in English

If it' s made in Germany, Wittenberge badge should look like this




3 comments:

  1. seems you are keeping busy ... no idea about the badges on the sewing machine .. its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That' s what' s great about old machines like this - to find out their stories if that' s possible.

      Delete
  2. May we display your header on our new site directory. As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete