Wednesday 5 March 2014

DRAWING TIME




I hadn’t been working with appliqué before so I decided to give it a try at least once. 

Idea about a pheasant quilt was lurking in my head for a while and finally I felt brave enough to start it. Materials I picked already few days ago, but I was holding back.... Until tonight. 


In general it will be 3-4 pheasants on the border of a rhomb with greyish background inside. Outside borders will be read – golden yellow, rather bright colours. 



So - drawing time! It’s exciting as usually I just pick up colours, few block patterns and then let it all go its own way. With this project I will try something much more formal, much better pre-planned and finicky.  That will be some challenge for my – ouch - so free spirit! I need something to keep my mind really occupied right now so here it goes!





No comments:

Post a Comment