Thursday 30 August 2012

What's your fav artist?


I have quite an obsession with Art Noveau. I know isn't the best, let's say, in comparison with Baroque.  I hoped that my love will go away but its not.



So here I am - deep in Art Noveay. Thus my fav artist is very simple - no need even to quess - its Alfons Mucha. My second fav... again, noting really original. Hieronymu Bosh. Then Carl Larsson, Delft pottery, Cluny tapestries... 



Yes, sure, I adore the light of Vermeer and such highligts of the art, but still... by some unknown reaon I like things from the lower shelves. Something which feels like I can reach and touch. Something peaceful. Serene.


It doesn't mean anything for me that Edvard Munch's painting The Scream has been sold for $120m - it's simply does nothing for me.



What's your favourite artist? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment